Experienced, Effective Leadership
State Representative Jim McIntire will bring 30 years of diverse, hands-on financial experience to the critical office of State Treasurer.
Uniquely suited to the job in an era of changing financial markets and growing capital budget stresses, McIntire will bring to the post an important mix of technical knowledge, private sector experience, public policy know-how, and grasp of how long term financial decisions affect our economy and families.
The Right Experience:
- Chair, Washington Economic and Revenue Forecast Council
- Former Chair of several Legislative fiscal committees, including the House Finance Committee
- Former Chair, Washington Community Economic Revitalization Board
- Former Board Chair, Common Ground (statewide nonprofit housing developer)
- Former Economic Advisor, Governor Booth Gardner and Congressional Committees
- Private Economic Consultant for a national consulting company
- University of Washington Economics Teacher
The Right Values:
The only Treasurer candidate who has not spent a career in State Government, McIntire understands that the role of Treasurer is not just about spreadsheets and bond ratings-it's about protecting the long term interests taxpayers and building equity and smart investments for future generations.
In the legislature, McIntire has worked across the aisle to forge finance solutions that provide fiscal accountability and stability to small communities as well as our urban areas. He understands that the job is as important to Main St. as it is to Wall St.
A consistent and strong voice for small business, working families, kids, and the environment, Jim will bring these values to the Treasurer's office.