Jim McIntire for State Treasurer
It is an honor to serve as your State Treasurer. As I joked in my 2008 campaign, it’s probably the most important job in Olympia that no one has ever heard of.
My goal isn’t to make headlines, my goal is to provide intelligent and responsible oversight of our state’s financial resources—your tax dollars. I know that sounds dull, but I enjoy it’s challenges.
We have weathered much of the financial trauma that devastated our economy, but we have a long way to go to reach full stability.
I’m running for re-election because I care about the working people of this state, and want to continue serving as an advocate for job-creating investments, accountability from Wall St, and a fair shake from banks that operate here in our state.
I’m proud of my record so far. When I took office in 2009, banks were failing fast, the stock market was in free-fall, and the bond market was nearly frozen. Now, three and a half years later:
- Public funds deposited in community banks are better protected.
- We have financed $7 billion of job-creating new construction in public infrastructure.
- We saved taxpayers $1.3 billion in interest costs on state debt.
- We have the nation’s top performing pension fund, making Washington’s pension system the 3rd best-funded pension system in the country.
- And we are doing more with less – financing more infrastructure investments and investing more short-term cash with less money and staff.
Read more about each of these accomplishments here.
To keep doing this job I need your support. With your help, we can make the investments necessary to build a better future for Washington. Together, we can put people back to work and create an American economy that is built to last.
As always, I look forward to hearing from you – our hard work is not yet over!